Friday, July 4, 2008

Aquaillumination Leg Support

I received my refurbished AI unit yesterday morning. It was delayed an extra day probably due to the 1500 fires ravaging California at this time. I started de-packaging it around 10 P.M. and discovered what a PITA it was to slide the leg supports on the track that encases them. They glided nicely for a while, then got completely stuck. When I came around to fine tune them, it was impossible to position them exactly to the dimensions on the top of my aquarium.

Here is my BFF using BFF to try and move this sucker! Oh....and look at the time! It's time to give up and fire off an e-mail to tech support!

To calm myself down, I bought the new Elbow iTunes "The Seldom Seen Kid". Elbow is like an updated Peter Gabriel/Pink Floyd hybrid.
The song "Weather to Fly" has been frequently playing on RadioParadise while I'm in the lab trying to find a cure for a few cancers.
THE CULPRIT
The leg in this position wobbles. I believe that this is probably the main reason why this leg gets completely stuck while the others, which don't have a wobble effect, don't.

MY SOLUTION
Ditch all the legs and figure out a way to mount the unit in the canopy.

Tech support replied and offered me a complete refund plus 10% of the total cost for the unit this morning. Yeah, right....that was part of my dream last night, then the boat cruiser sank into a maelstrom off the coast of Australia while I choked on a cosmo (uh, it's a drink). I saw some nice coral in the Great Barrier Reef!

In reality, tech support contacted me very early in the morning and offered an optional installation kit. Whether that's a pendant or retrofit design remains to be clarified.

I was finally able to get a good night's rest knowing that my unit was finally home. Now, I can get back to feeding my corals highly nutritious light!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: