Thursday, June 5, 2008

Calcium Reactor Installation Part I

You really have to make sure that the CO2 regulator is attached firmly to the tank (Beverage Factory, sold on eBay, picked up locally) by using a wrench (not too tight!). Also, include a plastic washer which was included with the regulator (Marine Depot). I was expecting a low pressure gauge on the right side, but I think it will still work out fine. I added a little Teflon tape to the thread as well. The wrench & tape are there for a picture pose.

This is the type of substrate (Octupus' Garden) that was suggested to me. It's 40 lbs of crushed coral for $30.

Even though it says that it's pre-rinsed, I rinsed with softened water to wash out these floaties. They're not crushed coral if they're floating.

This is the pump that will be used to feed the calcium reactor. I picked this Quiet One 800 pump at Aquatic Warehouse and they helped me with the fittings. The blue valve was suggested to relieve some of the back pressured commonly encountered with calcium reactor setups.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: