Sunday, August 17, 2008

Kern River White Water Rafting

On a side note: I, coworkers and friends went on a white water rafting tour of the lower Kern river. I've done this one before, so I assumed I would be quite the accomplished veteran. Instead, it was like I was a beginner again. The river was little more playful (read: treacherous) this time. I must have fallen overboard about 3 times. One of the times was expected as we rowed the boat up to a bank of rapids to see what we would see.

We had a lot of fun and escaped with minor injuries for all except one crew member: one sprained knee, one fingernail dislocated (this was done outside the river), another banged knee, and finally, one black eye just in time for a wedding!
Our guide was helpful in getting us to row at the right moments as we tried to maneuver through the rapids without getting stuck or flipping over. In the picture below, we finally got an idea of how much fun he was really having with us. We had no clue this was going on in the back until we saw this picture.

Call him "Peter Pan".
Posted by Picasa

No comments: