Saturday, August 9, 2008

Banggai Parenthood III

This morning, I counted 4 baby Banggai Cardinals. I swear, the mother of these fish has her 2-chambered heart set on Total Mini-Reef Box Domination because she looks like she's going to go for another round of egg laying. I'll probably miss the event where the male fertilizes and engulfs the eggs into his mouth.

The fry are so small that it's almost impossible to get a clear picture of them. They're "schooling" on the bottom left side of my tank, under the powerful surge of the Vortech pump. One of them has already disappeared. I suspect the Timor Wrasse of knocking one off as a tasty treat. The Wrasse seemed to look at what I was looking at this morning and then noticed the tiny, black & white Graham Cracker Bears.


Four

Posted by Picasa

No comments: