Monday, February 16, 2009

RIP: Acro Crab

Leave it up to a Red-legged Hermit crab to discover the struggling Acro crab in the isolation chamber I created. Or, the Acro crab was probably already dead and the Hermit was only performing its cleaning duties.



I'm currently on the third dose of Interceptor treatment on the reef tank. There are no signs of Red Bugs, though. To be safe, one must stick the recommended 3 week regimen as prescribed by experienced users. I have noticed a rise in cyanobacteria which has been noted by others going through this treatment.

I can't wait until this is over and done. Though, my next problem is with a Powder Brown Tang that I purchased yesterday. It's already showing signs of stress and may need to go through a copper treatment for Cryptocaryon irritans. Now, I'm worried of cross-contaminating the quarantine tank with my main tank's water.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: