Friday, October 24, 2008

Camera Shy: Blue Throat Trigger Fish

I've had the Blue Throat Trigger Fish in my 26 gallon quarantine tank for a week, so far. He was purchased at Fountains in San Diego. I noticed him there the previous 2 weeks before with about 5 Niger triggers. His species is listed as one of the few "reef safe" triggers. Although, I'm nervous about him nipping the T. crocea and T. derasa clams when I introduce him to the main tank. I think the Coral Banded Shrimp and Skunk Shrimp will be able to defend themselves; they're kinda large.

He's gained back some color and scarfing down some food pellets.

When the camera comes out, he goes for a hide.

It took me a while to figure out where he's hiding in the sparsely populated QT.

Instead of a fish pic, here's a doctored up pic of the macro algae in the QT called "Dragon's Tongue"!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: