Saturday, September 20, 2008

VorTech Maintenance


The VorTech pumps were getting a little slimy and covered in coralline. I decided to soak the nozzles in white vinegar diluted 1:1 with warm water. While that was soaking, I scrubbed up the acrylic walls of the main tank.

The vinegar water turned red as the coralline dissolved. A toothbrush came in handy to speed up the cleaning process. The propellers had to be scrubbed well as they seemed to attract a thick coat of slimy algae.



I also did a little rearranging of the corals. I always break a few because I'm too high on coffee in the mornings. This coral is not too pleased. Now that I look back on it, I saw a similar "bite" mark a few months ago and didn't realize the unknown critter was me!. Not to worry, it'll recover.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: