Friday, September 12, 2008

PIF Corals

These are some of the corals that I've taken from the main tank. They're up for "Pay It Forward" or the deep freeze.


The Kenya Tree Coral was situated too close to the Vortech pumps in the main tank and subsequently threw off all sorts of frags. I was worried that they might take over the tank! It's a great beginner coral choice which requires moderate lighting.
These yellow zoanthids have taken over a large portion of one of my live rocks. This is the original frag plug which seeded the mother colony in the main tank.

The Pulsing Xenia is growing rapidly in the main tank. This was my first attempt to mount a frag. I just plopped it down on this frag plug and placed it in the low-flow refugium where it took a foot hold. I had to remove 4 colonies from the main tank as it encroached upon my bottle brush Acropora and helped kill it. The attempt at fragging that Acropora was a total failure.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: