Friday, May 29, 2009

DIY ATO for the Nano

The DIY ATO (do it yourself auto top-off) project was able to proceed once I received the $6 float switch ordered from eBay. I used a 1/16" drill bit to create holes on the side of the Battery Air Pump. I also drilled holes in an empty tube of AquaMend to house the float switch. The original DIY details for internal wiring can be found at Nano-Reefs.com. The air pump has a built-in clip that will allow me to mount it onto the AquaClear refugium located behind the Nano tank. I just had to shave it off a bit to avoid salt creep.


The 2.84 L container is rigid enough to allow pressure build up from the air pump in order to drive water up and out. The next step will be to figure out how to mount the float switch in the Nano tank.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: