Thursday, May 21, 2009

Aquascaping the Nano

I had to lower the live rock platform from the top because it was exposed during a 5 gallon water change. Even though I added an AquaClear 110 on the back as a Sump/Refugium, I still had to drain some water from the Nano during a water change. So, in addition to lowering the top rock, the heater replaced with a lower wattage and Vortech moved to the left.

I'm thinking about adding another small rock to raise the top platform to separate it from the lower platform. This should make it a little more interesting. I just want to let the tank rest after the reconfiguration. With the platform lowered, there should be more room for future corals to grow to the top as well. The AC110 Sump/Refugium behind the tank is seen lit with a Coralife Mini PC.

I also added simple crown molding to the top of the canopy. Unfortunately, I selected finishing nails that were a bit too thick and really banged things up! Maybe I can use the overhanging nails to hang xmas lights during the holidays?

Posted by Picasa

No comments: