Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Relentless Echinophyllia Attack

It's a dumb idea to glue an acan coral next to an echinophyllia (or "chalice") coral. The acan coral on the left is suffering from a relentless attack once again. I have pics of the previous attack.

I must have done a good job gluing it down because it will not budge. The irony is that my hermit crabs don't have problems undermining my other shoddy gluing attempts!

Maybe I can place a rock between the two corals? Either way, the echinophyllia will probably eclipse the acan when it grows to Personal Pan size. I think I might have to go in there with a pair of dirty, old, rusty pliers!

This picture with flash is taken early in the morning before lights are turned on (it's easy to notice the white thread in the darkness).
A close up of the atrocity:

Hmph...I should have read more about Echinophyllia at Advanced Aquarist's.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: