Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Downgrading

I recently purchased a 50 gallon Starfire glass cube aquarium (born on 29jan2012) with a glass sump and stand from an SDReef user. The tank, stand and accessories were still in their packing boxes as he had decided he'd rather go with a larger setup. Since I've always wanted a glass tank to take better shots of my specimens and I was thinking about downgrading to a smaller tank, I went for the purchase. So far, I've replaced the main pump with a Tunze 1073.40 (still trying to "break in" and waiting for the humming to dissipate).
The 1" bulkhead was not easy to tighten (without over-tightening) and I've got a mini-micro-leaking going on. The rest of the plumbing is working out. I've got more work to do, but at least I can get an "instant reef" from my main 110 gallon reef tank.
I'm now stuck at the "aquascaping" part. I want to go with pillars of rocks rather than a pyramid pile of rocks in the center. More on that, if I'm successful, later.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: