Sunday, June 7, 2009

Acropora gemmifera

These frags of Acropora gemmifera were purchased on 6/1/09 and entered into a "growing/survival" contest at SDReefs. I treated the frags with TMPCC coral dip according to the basic instructions. Some inanimate flatworms were observed after treatment and I wasn't able to detect any egg masses. The frags were placed in my refugium under PC lights for about 2 days before I mounted them to live rock using AquaMend. On 6/6/09, I noticed tissue recession at the base and decided to re-frag and remount all frags to avoid any more STN (slow tissue necrosis). This time, I used a cyanoacrylate gel to glue the frags to the rock.

The frags are now in the main tank under LED lighting. I still see some tissue recession with some of the frags. I now have 7 separate colonies and will just have to wait and see which ones survive. I was limited to where I could place these frags, so getting the best pictures was difficult.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: